11.07.2008

Cake Decorating

As the majority of our visitors know, B & R Events is a mother-daughter partnership. My mother and I are very close and we are fortunate that we can run our business together.

Mom and I love to cook, and I especially love to bake. We decided that we were going to take cake decorating classes as a project during our slower season (November-January). This month we will be taking the Wilton Method Course 1. We had our first class on Monday and it was so interesting. The next three weeks we will learn how to make roses, some borders, drop flowers, leaves, and how to write on cakes. December we will take course 2 and January we will take course 3.

Are we looking to expand B & R Events? Probably not. It is always nice to have different options in case of an emergency. (Flowers, make up, and now cakes will be covered!) I will be posting pictures of our creations on the blog. Stay tuned!

No comments: